Saturday, January 21, 2012

Did somebody say elephants?

I am loving making these elephants.  The idea come to me out of the blue one day.  As I made up the pattern they only have two legs (no patience with gussets).  I love being able to use the various pieces of material that fill my cupboard and I love combining the different colours.


This is my latest herd that came with me to my stall at the West End Twilight Markets.  They are made from ....................


An old skirt, opp shop material and terry toweling saved from an altered dress.


A second hand sheet, off cut material, pyjamas and an old skirt.


An old dress, material left over from making shorts, an old tea towel and hand me down material.


An old tablecloth, secondhand sheet and offcuts of IKEA material.


3 comments:

  1. Love 'em. You creative soul you. I swear you got the pattern out of a 1970s womens weekly crafty special issue... I think I had that one at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! I love love love! Do you sell somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mook! Unfortunately making elephants has distracted me from knitting wrist warmers. I plan to turn my attention to threading tiny beads onto 3ply yarn this weekend.

    Rachel, I sell them at my stall at the West End Twilight Markets here in Brisbane. If you are interested let me know. I checked out your etsy shop - very nice! Being a fellow knitter you may also be interested in having a go at knitting wrist warmers. You should check out Mook's Hello Latvia blog for their history.

    ReplyDelete