Earlier this year a good friend of mine considered renaming her blog 'Weather and Children'. I personally love reading about the weather in Latvia and what Marianna's children are up to. But only a month into blogging I am getting a feeling that I too could become all consumed in describing the weather (yes the 4 kids are happy and healthy).
My fascination with the weather stems from the fact that I walk to and from work and that the success of my weekend market stall depends on it. It is also related to the kids. School holidays commenced this week, and so has the drizzly weather. Hopefully we survive the next 2 weeks.


Hey there! Just logged in to find a wealth of posts from you, so I will comment on each one as if we were having a conversation about all the topics above.... so for this one - I do have terrible pangs of missing Brissie weather. And the sky. Brisbane has the biggest sky, and the most amazing blue, of anywhere else in the world. Or so I reckon. I recently read Matthew Condon's "Brisbane" - and thoroughly enjoyed it, in many places he writes from the perspective of someone who grew up in Bris and has lived away for a long time... and his observations really struck a chord.
ReplyDeleteI thought of you when I saw the book. I had just been reading on your blog about your childhood memories in Brisbane. It made me smile because while my memories are of growing up in Melbourne, hopefully my kids will have memories of the big Brisbane sky.
ReplyDelete